Monday 14 September 2015

Autumn Essentials

Autumn is officially here and I have never been so happy about it, Autumn and Winter are both my favourite seasons of the year, where you get to wrap up warm, wear dark shades, comfy jumpers, and burn autumnal candles. These are just a few of my beauty essentials for Autumn which also get me excited for Christmas..


Nail Polishes
I always make sure I wear seasonal nail polishes throughout the year, but darker shades always suit me more which is why I love Autumn. I always lean to more plums and darker reds. The one I'm wearing now is by Tanya Burr in the shade 'Riding Hood', it's a dark red and I think looks good on all skin colours, plus her nail polishes are all affordable, last really well on the nails without chipping with a top coat or not


Candles
Candles fast become an obsession of mine towards the colder months, Yankee is the brand I tend to lean towards the most from the wide range they have and just how pretty the candles actually look displayed. These ones are what I have left from last year, Icicles, which smells like the cold outside and Christmas memories which smells of spices, gingerbread and cinnamon.




Bath and Body
I don't always use Autumnal scents in my bath and body routine, but sometimes I do go all out with the theme and use them, Lush Hot Toddy shower gel is actually from their Christmas range, but because it has a warm spicy scent to it I think it can be used in Autumn too, it's a red gel with gold glitters inside.

Lush Celebrate body lotion is one for the colder months, it's really good for dry skin as it has really nourishing oils in it, so you only need to use a small amount and it will last you a very long time. I don't think it smells that Autumnal, it smells of oranges, but is so good for your skin



Lipstick
Darker shades of lipstick is what I really love wearing when the colder months come, darker shades suit me more and they also get me into the festive mood too. The shades I love using are Rebel, which is a dark pure plum shade,  Creme In Your Coffee, which is more of a muted brown shade, but still has a plum tone to it, both by MAC, and Sugar Plum from Revlon, which is a plum shade which is more muted down, not as pigmented as the MAC shades but very moisturising.

What are your Autumn must-haves?

Love, Chantelle

No comments:

Post a Comment