Wednesday 17 September 2014

Beauty Haul

This month I found myself constantly wanting to buy beauty/makeup products, I just couldn't help myself as I wanted so much! But I managed to set myself a limit and I am so happy with everything I got, there's not one thing I don't regret buying! Here is what I bought..



I currently own the Naked 2 palette but I just don't use it much at all as I feel like the colours aren't for me, but this palette is definitely the one for me, I love all the shades (apart from the last one) and I can see myself using this A LOT. The shades are all very pigmented and buttery, not chalky! 

I haven't seen many people talk about this bronzer but it is seriously amazing, I have the shade 'light' and it's a great natural bronzer for my slightly tanned skin and gives a really nice glow as the darker shade has small glitter particles in it and the lighter shade is matte. I love it!

This is super moisturising but because it's a light pink gloss shade, it doesn't have much pigment in it at all, hardly gives a tint to my lips, which is slightly disappointing as everything else is great, I love the squeeze tube with a sponge applicator, I think it would be perfect for me if I got a darker more rose shade.

This is my first Mac blush and I am very happy with the shade! It's such a lovely mauve pink which isn't bright like their blush in 'Well Dressed', this is a more natural toned down shade to that blush, great for anyone who's just starting a blush collection.

This is my first Nars Blush and again I love it! It is also a natural pink shade but it more of a pink peach undertone compared to 'Dame', which is more blue undertoned. This blush has slight glitter particles in it but doesn't really show up on the skin, it is very subtle and natural, great for everyday! And so very pigmented. 

Clinique Chubby Stick Cheek Balm 'Plumped Up Peony' -
Another blush product, I know.. But I had no blushes so I needed to start my collection on them! This is a cream stick blush in a purple rose shade, a must have shade for Autumn/Winter! Very natural even though it's a deeper more daring shade, it blends out so easily and can be worn very subtle or it can be built up.

I've wanted this foundation for a while as whenever I see someone use it it just looks amazing on them, it's a very glowy and dewy foundation which tiny reflective particles in it which helps to brighten your skin by catching the light and reflecting the light off those particles in the foundation! Hence the name.. it's just a lovely light, natural foundation for everyday use.

I am starting to collect pan form Mac eyeshadows so I can eventually buy a palette and put them all in! This was the second shade to my collection, it's a great dark gold shade, similar to 'Smog' in my Naked palette actually! I think it looks lovely for any skintone and is a great shade for the Autumn/Winter. I love these type of shadows from Mac as they're lovely and creamy and buttery, so easy to blend!


Victoria Secret Body Mist 'Passion Struck' -
Again, something else I am collecting! The Victoria Secret body mists, I literally love every single fragrance of them so every month I've decided to by one to add to my collection, sad, I know, but they all smell so unique with a wide range of sweet, floral and woody scents, they also look really pretty displayed on my desk. This one smells quite strong when first sprayed but when it's settled into the skin it has a musky/vanilla scent to it, not too overpowering!

Lastly, is a nail polish from Essie, I have only recently got into their nail polishes and wanted a dark plum shade for the Winter season and this fitted that category perfectly! Definitely compliments olive/tanned skins with the plum/berry tones in it.

Urban Decay Naked Palette Swatches 
The last shade swatched on my hand is actually the 3rd to last shade in the palette called 'Hustle', I missed it out by accident and had no where else to swatch it!

3 pictures of the swatches in different lights..

That's my very large beauty haul! What's your recent buys been?

Love, Chantelle

No comments:

Post a Comment