Sunday 2 February 2014

Urban Decay 'NAKED 2' Palette

Hey everyone! Today I would like to review a very well known special palette called 'NAKED 2' by Urban Decay, so many YouTubers and bloggers all love this palette so I thought I would give my personal opinion on it and my experience

Starting of with the packaging, you cannot go wrong with gold! I love it when products come in gold packaging, it makes it look so pretty and beautiful and it makes you want to have it on display! It is way to beautiful to be just put into a draw or box!

The palette comes in an outside container which holds a little sample lipgloss of theres, I definitely prefer this packaging to the NAKED palette, its more hard wearing and more protective which makes it great for travelling


So once you open the palette, you can see it comes with a double ended brush, one side is a flat shader brush and the other is a blending brush, if you're just starting out with eye shadows I think this is so great, so you don't need to go and buy separate brushes, there are so many brushes that you can buy it can all get a little confusing, so the fact Urban Decay have included the brushes you need within the palette is such a bonus!

Inside the palette, you get 12 eye shadows, 3 matte and 9 shimmery. You also, handy enough, get a great sized compact mirror, products that come with compact mirrors I think are great, it means you won't need to use a separate mirror when applying the eye shadow, great for when you're on the go!



The palette colours are quite neutral but can create any look you want! From a subtle day to day natural eye look, or a dramatic evening look! Your 3 matte shades can create a gorgeous eye look, 'FOXY' (first shade) which is a neutral bone colour great for a subtle highlight and base colour, 'TEASE' (5th shade) which is a mouve, taupe brown shade great for in the crease to create that depth, then 'BLACKOUT' (last shade) to create even more definition on the outer corners of the eyes and under the bottom lash line.

The shadows are such great textures, very creamy and easy to apply, also they are very very pigmented even without using a primer or base on the eyelid. You would think that the matte shades wouldn't have much colour pay off as some matte shades don't, but I swatched 'BLACKOUT' on my hand without a base or primer and the colour came out so full. The colours are very easy to apply, and they blend together beautifully



I swatched here, 'BOOTYCALL', 'SNAKEBITE' and 'BLACKOUT'. I didn't use any base or primer before I swatched these so you can see how pigmented and bold they are even without a primer, I picked these shades at random and you can see that they go together lovely and they would create a beautiful evening look. The palette is so versatile any shades you put together will go wonderfully together without any effort


I LOVE these eye shadows, they where the first high-end eye shadows I received and I love them all! The price however might look a little shocking, but they are very much worth every penny, they will last you such a long time with how much pigment they have in them, meaning you'll only need a tiny amount of product, and you can create endless makeup looks

My palette was bought from House of Fraser. But it can also be bought from in store and online at Debenhams

No comments:

Post a Comment