Thursday 12 June 2014

Starting Off Your Makeup Collection


When I first started wearing makeup I wish I knew what Blogger was and what YouTube was to know what I needed as I bought totally the wrong things to what I needed, so I thought today I would share with some of you who are starting off your makeup collection and want to get more into makeup, this is just the basics of what you need just to start you off. I would recommend starting off with cheaper products first just to get yourself more familiar with makeup before you experiment into more expensive high end makeup. So here's my idea of what your first makeup collection should contain, and they're all from the drugstore! (Boots, Superdrug for UK).


Firsty, I would say a nice light foundation which can be built up to a medium coverage if you need to, I would recommend the Rimmel Match Perfection foundation which gives a natural glowy finish to the skin. Another good foundation is the L'oreal True Match foundation, it gives a natural matte finish if you prefer that, also has tiny light reflecting almost glitter particles in the foundation.

Secondly I would by a powder to set your makeup, to stop any shine coming through and to keep it on all day! I use the Rimmel Stay Matte pressed powder in 'Transparent' it is so cheap and does the job amazingly!


Next up is this Studio Blush and Highlighter compact which gives you the option of a gold shimmery peach blush, a matte rose blush, and a shimmer highlighter! This is great as it saves you buying a desperate blush and highlighter if you wanted one, also gives you the option of a matte or shimmer blush!

This mascara is Maybelline The Falsies in 'Black Drama', it is so amazing and is the best drugstore mascara going! Then this brow pencil is  the Rimmel London Professional Eyebrow Pencil, it makes your eyebrows fuller but look natural


Tanya Burr Lipgloss in 'Aurora', this is a rose shade with tiny gold glitter particles, which isn't noticeable on the lips, but they are so long wearing and highly pigmented!

I hope this helped some of you starting off your makeup collection! Don't be afraid to ask someone to help you if they use makeup!

Where to buy the products:
Rimmel Match Perfection
L'oreal True Match
Rimmel Powder
Rimmel Brow Pencil
I couldn't find the Studio Blush and Highlight compact as I think it's super old, but I think the Sleek contour Kit is even better as it comes with a blush, highlight and bronzer! Sleek Contour Kit 
Maybelline Mascara
Tanya Burr Lipgloss

No comments:

Post a Comment