Wednesday 2 July 2014

My Spring/Summer Nail Polishes


I always love buying new nail polish for the upcoming season so this spring/summer I thought I would share with you the colours I have chosen, I usually keep the colours light and pastel like, but them colours don't always suit me as I am naturally tanned, but they do really pop out on my nails, I've gone for nudes, pastels and a bright red!


Rimmel London 60 Seconds Nail Polish: I love this nail polish for 4 massive reasons! One firstly of course is the colour, I love peach coral shades as I have found them colours work really well with my tanned olive skin tone. Secondly how cheap it is, it's so affordable and the range offer so many different colours to pick from, thirdly for the applicator, it's not like a normal brush, it's more precise and sturdy, also a great shape to coat the whole nail in one stroke, and the forth reason why I love it is that it dries so quickly! 2 thin coats of this and you have the perfect pigmentation in the colour on your nails and it dries in an instant! This shade is '405 Rose Libertine'.

Barry M Hi Shine Gel Nail Paint: Every girl needs a Barry M nail polish in their collection, they have amazing colour ranges and different finishes, this is a gel finish meaning it will last on the nails longer and also has a thick shiny gel like finish! This is the colour 'Sugar Apple' a really nice mint green shade, perfect for summer!

Morgan Taylor Professional Nail Lacquer: These nail polishes are only available in salons or Sally's where professional hairdressers and beauty therapists buy their products from, this retails for around £5 and gives a really good colour pay off, this is a mauve purple, grey shade which I love with my skin tone.

Daisy Nail Lacquer: 'Moonlite Mauve' 'Almondine' These again are only available in a professional hairdressers and beauty therapist stores, 'Moonlite Mauve' is a pale lilac shade and 'Almondine' is a nude shade, I love nudes on my nails for all year around! These have a matte finish to the nail and have great pigmentation in the first coat.

Fearne Cotton Midnight Manicure Set: This nail polish is actually from Fearne Cotton's nail polish set which only comes out at Christmas time in Boots, this shade is called 'Royal Red' and is just a great pure bright vibrant red, I love reds for all year round again as they also really compliment my skin tone, this one has a glossy finish and they go on really smoothly, I would recommend checking them out at Christmas time!


I hope this gave you some inspiration and ideas of what colours of nail polishes you could wear in the spring/summer time if it is that time near you!

Love Chantelle x

No comments:

Post a Comment